Are you building, selling or letting a house ?

Then you now need a Energy Performance Certificate.(EPC)

The EPC is required by law when a building is constructed, sold or put up for rent.

So you will only need a certificate if you are:

A homeowner - all sellers of homes need to ensure that they provide a Home Information Pack which includes an EPC for potential buyers.

A builder - an EPC needs to be provided to buyers of newly built properties from 6 April 2008.

A landlord - you will need to provide an EPC which will be valid for ten years. It should be available to prospective tenants the first time you let or re-let your property after 1 October 2008.


Based in Bolton, Envirotek Services are your local NW provider of Energy Performance Certificates.

The EPC is very similar to the certificates found on many domestic appliances. It gives the building an asset rating regarding its energy efficiency. However, it does not take into account the occupiers use of energy or heating. The EPC will give the building a rating from A to G. The A rating is excellent and shows it's very efficient, this will mean lower fuel bills.

A rating of G is poor and shows the inefficiency of the building resulting in higher fuel bills. The EPC will also give the building's environmental impact by showing its carbon-dioxide emissions.

There will also be recommendations for solutions to improve the building's rating. The potential rating is based on all the recommendations being carried out.  The average home owner in the United Kingdom could save £350 in fuel bills by making their house more energy efficient.


Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) Information

energy performance,epc certificate,energy performance certificate,energy performance certificates,energy certificate,energy efficient certificate

Envirotek Services


Energy Performance Certificates

performance certificate, energy performance cert, certificate energy performance, domestic energy,energy rating, energy assessor