How to improve the energy performance of your property.
To increase your rating for your EPC, significant improvements can be done quite
easily before the assessment is booked. Some grants are also available.
Low cost measures
• Fit a minimum of 270mm loft insulation
• Cavity walls should insulated by a competent cavity wall insulation installer.
• Replace all fixed lighting with energy efficient bulbs.
• Heating controls should include programmer,TRVs and a room thermostat.
Higher cost measures.
• If your boiler is due for renewal, install a condensing boiler for maximum effeciency.
• Use renewable energy more - log burners, solar panels and water heaters.
• Install double glazing with energy saving “K” glass.
Energy cost savings will soon be visible from the improvements that are made. Enviromental
damage can also be limited if we all start reducing our energy needs and CO2 emissions.
The energy ratings of the EPC are measured using the same calculations for all homes,
so a tenant or vendor can easily compare the energy efficiency of different properties.
So book yours today!
All EPCs are produced by accredited Domestic Energy Assessors who have a nationally
recognised qualification and are licensed to operate in the UK.
Multiple EPCs orders will be entitled to a discount in all areas.
Energy Performance Certificates